When I started looking for a 200hr CYT certification, which has been my passion since I started this career, I was sure that my calling is that to assist the ones crossing my path to find the peace within, and there was no better teaching for my calling than the traditional Yoga. So why Hatha Yoga?
Because, I found beauty in this combination, as special intention is given to Pranayama (Breathing), followed by different Yoga poses “asana”, concluding with few minutes of guided meditation to make each session unique and complete.
Each of my Hatha Yoga classes provide an opportunity to unwind, release stress and tension whilst learning to live the moment with the guided meditation closure. Every class can never be compared to another as each class is special in its own way.
Nonetheless, in any Hatha Yoga class, one will discover the below health benefits of this beautiful healing practice as it is beneficial for the following conditions:-
- Emotional and mental health
- Stress management
- Anxiety and depression
- Back pain
- Increase in blood flow
- Lowers blood sugar
- Improves your balance
- Boosts your immunity
- Gives you inner strength
- Builds awareness for transformation
Each class starts with a gentle warm up, advancing to physical poses (asanas) before ending up with a short meditation session. Here is what you should expect:-
- Pranayama (Breathing) – we start with a focus on our breath. As we go along we shall remember throughout the whole practice the importance of breathing, which is the source of our existence!
- Yoga postures (Asanas) – once our body is warmed up and our mind is focused on the present moment, we start a series of movements which help us improve focus, flexibility, build strength and find our balance. Do not be concerned on the pose, if a posture becomes difficult for you, a modification is always provided.
- Meditation – all classes end up with a short period of meditation. It is a period of letting go, relaxation and reflection.
Hatha Yoga is not a fast paced Yoga, it is a unique practice where it gives the opportunity to stretch, unwind, release stress and find yourself again.
I would like to conclude with a deep gratitude to all the beautiful souls that came to my class so far, and for the lovely feedback received. Look forward to be seeing you every Monday and Thursday at Euphoria Hall, St Joseph Str, Zejtun. Each class starts at 19:00 till 20:00.