It has been a while since I wrote my last article. After yesterday’s programme on one of our Maltese stations, Xejk Tv, I was inspired by the presenter, Mr Ivan Bartolo to write to you these simple tips that help us obtain a happier lifestyle:-
– Start your day counting your blessings: Even at my darkest times I always reminded myself how blessed I was, rest assured that there is always something to be thankful for!
– Practice meditation daily: Many think that I spend hours meditating daily (mind you I will not mind!) but I manage to meditate at any time during the day & make connection within myself even for a few minutes! During this time I am always thankful for whatever comes into my life, good and bad!
– Smile: Everyone is aware how life changing can be to just smile nonetheless we find it hard at times. Just try to put a smile on your face and see what happens with the people around you. A smile is the simple form of energy that puts light to anyone who receives it 🙂
– Practice kindness: Am blessed to have been brought up in a kind hearted family who always taught us the art of giving. When I was younger I couldn’t comprehend such beauty but with experience I learnt that nothing beats kindness. “It is the most valuable gift you can give to someone”
– Forgive: The biggest lesson learnt so far is forgiveness. You will never find peace unless you forgive the people who hurt you in our journey we call it LIFE. It’s true that forgiveness doesn’t change the past, but I can assure you that it will open up your heart to LOVE and change your future!
– Let go & just breathe: “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent to throwing it at someone else, YOU are the one who gets burned”…. so just breathe & let the anger flow with your breathe.
– Listen to your heart & accept changes: How many times we don’t follow our “gut” feeling and then discover that it would have been better if we did! So learn to listen to your heart and accept any changes in the process. There will be times that we would need help, so don’t be afraid to seek professional advice in order for the change to occur.
I must say my life changed drastically these past years. It all started when I discovered Reiki and it’s principles which I carry on within me. Thus I will conclude with these lovely principles which I remind myself daily…..JUST FOR TODAY…..EVERYDAY!